July 24, 2007

Transform THIS!!

My oldest son has a good friend who happens to LOVE Transformers. They have often played together, Transformers at their sides, negotiating the machine-to-robot switch as they laugh and engage in pretend battles. As a result, we learned of the impending release of "Transformers: the Movie" which was released on July 4th.



Although it was heavily marketed for kids, including promotional toys at Burger King, this movie is NOT for children. Officially, it is for audiences aged 13+, hence the PG-13 rating.

Although my 6 year old son was bubbling over with delight at the prospect of watching this movie (and had convinced his Daddy to TAKE HIM!!), I held my ground. I searched for web clips and made my Irreverent Husband watch said clips. He laughed and said, "but the boy wants to see it!" I threatened. He knew I meant it.

I have since seen the movie. I was right, he was wrong...as per usual.

Shame on you, Dreamworks and Paramount. Shame on you, Burger King. This movie IS NOT FOR CHILDREN.

No comments: