September 13, 2007

Ryka Rules

Christmas arrived early this year! A few weeks ago, I received a package in the mail, the contents of which made me squeal with delight!

A new pair of shoes.

No, not those...


Not those either.

These.

Ryka Lotus running shoes.

To say that I love these shoes would be an enormous understatement. You see, I have flat feet. (There, I said it!) Because of the flatness of my feet, I have a great deal of difficulty finding shoes that will not, quite literally, break my pinky toe metatarsels.



I have endured many strains and fractures of that pinky toe bastard because my weight is not supported by an arch. You would think that nice arch support would solve the problem, but when I wear a shoe that has THE SLIGHTEST bit of arch support...my weight is transfered to my pinky toe metatarsel...and SNAPS that puny bastard like a twig!!

As luck would have it, I like to jog. I have tried many other kinds of exercise, but nothing does it for me like a good jog in the brisk morning air. Unfortunately, if I go more than 10 strides in a bad pair of shoes, I pay dearly. I have actually had to take off a pair of shoes (I won't mention the brand...Nike...oops, it just slipped out!) and walk home in my socks to avoid breaking my pinky toe.

Now, do you understand why I almost peed myself with delight after taking my Lotus Rykas out for a spin?

Pinky Toe Perfection!!

Nary another shoe will touch my pathetic pancake feet again!

Not only are the shoes killer, so is the company. I want this company to be really, really successful. Ryka was started by a woman and the company continues to give back to causes that support women. Ryka downright rocks.

And, they are totally giving away free stuff!! Go get some!!

Hello, new shoes!! Bye-bye blues.

No comments: